Customer Bill of Rights
Thank you for trusting Hand & Stone with your service. We are here to ensure you enjoy a safe, professional and stress-free experience with us.
Our Code of Ethics
Hand & Stone is the industry leader in ensuring our customers enjoy their services in a safe and professional environment. All of our service providers are required to pass Hand & Stone Code of Ethics training, provide a valid state license, and undergo a criminal record and employment reference check.
Our Code of Ethics is designed to protect you. If anything related to your service does not feel right or appropriate, trust your feelings and intuition. Talk to a friend or neutral third party or talk directly to your service provider if you feel comfortable doing so. Otherwise, talk to the spa manager, supervisor, front desk staff, consult a different service provider, or if you get no satisfactory response, reach out to
email@example.com and we will immediately respond and approach the spa and service provider on your behalf.
If you are late for your service, the spa will try its best to accommodate you but if no times or providers are available your service time may need to be adjusted.
You must also demonstrate ethical behavior. Your service provider will immediately terminate the service if any inappropriate comments or behaviors are displayed.
If any inappropriate, abusive or dangerous conduct took place, we will immediately assist you in contacting the appropriate authorities or contact them on your behalf, if permitted by you. We will cooperate in all investigations of complaints made to authorities. Our policy is that if an allegation of inappropriate conduct is made against a practitioner, the employee will be immediately suspended pending investigation.
Our Commitment to You
At Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spas, providing you with a safe, professional and stress-free experience is our number one priority.
You can expect the following from your service and your service provider.
You have a right to control your experience
- Tell your service provider what you want and don’t want in your service.
- Undress to your level of comfort, whether it is leaving on your underwear, taking everything off, or undressing from the waist up. It is up to you and we can perform an effective massage whatever your level of undress. The service provider must leave the room for you to undress.
- Are you comfortable with the amount of pressure? Tell the service provider if you want more or less.
- Temperature of the room, level of lighting and volume of music are all adjustable for you.
You Will Receive a Safe Professional Service
- Our service providers are required to maintain a professional relationship with you – if they ask to see you outside of work or are becoming too personal in conversation you can ask them to stop or talk to the manager.
- Our service providers do not work on the abdomen or breasts. Gluteal work is permitted upon expressed client consent and over the sheet only with proper draping. Inner thigh work is permitted only to the extent of half of the length between knee and groin. Chest work, no lower than one inch below the medial collar bone is permitted.
- You will be properly draped at all times during your service.
Your Service Provider Will Adhere to the Highest Ethical Standards
All Hand & Stone Service Providers will be trained in and adhere to the highest ethical standards and must abide by the following Code of Ethics, to:
- Demonstrate commitment to provide the highest quality massage therapy and skin care services to those who seek their professional service.
- Acknowledge the inherent worth and individuality of each person by not discriminating or behaving in any prejudicial manner with clients and/or colleagues.
- Acknowledge the confidential nature of the professional relationship with clients and respect each client’s right to privacy within the constraints of the law.
- Project a professional image and uphold the highest standards of professionalism.
- Demonstrate professional excellence through regular self-assessment of strengths, limitations, and effectiveness by continued education and training.
- Accept responsibility to do no harm to the physical, mental and emotional well-being of clients, associates and self.
- Not engage in conversations of a personal or sexual nature, including compliments or criticism about a person’s body, lifestyle, past or present relationship situation.
- Provide proper draping procedures for all clients at all times. Avoid exposing a client’s private areas at all times.
- Not allow their breasts or genitals to brush up against, lean into or touch any part of the client’s body at any time.
- Not engage in any sexual conduct or sexual activities involving their clients. Specifically, not massaging or touching a client’s private areas. This includes their breasts and genitalia. Genitalia includes anterior or posterior inner thighs near genitalia and anal areas.