California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (California Civil Code sections 1798.100 – 1798.199), California residents are entitled to certain privacy rights relating to businesses that collect personal information, including the following:
- the right to know what personal information is being collected about them;
- the right to know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed, and to whom;
- the right to say no to the selling of their personal information;
- the right to access their personal information; and
- the right to equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights.
- (such as name, postal address, email address and phone number);
- (such as appointment and purchase history, financial transaction history, marketing campaign history, and customer contact history);
- (data gathered from our websites, marketing emails, and mobile apps);
- (when you use location-based services on our website or mobile app);
- (to create customer marketing segments reflecting a customer’s preferences or characteristics).
Hand and Stone discloses personal information about individual consumers to our franchise businesses and our affiliates, and to certain third-party service providers that process information on our behalf pursuant to a written contract. Our service provider contracts prohibit these businesses from retaining, using or disclosing the personal information we share with them for any purpose other than providing the services specified in the contract.
Hand and Stone does not sell any of the personal information we collect to any other business or any third party.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) entitles California residents to the following specific rights regarding businesses that collect your personal data:
You may request that Hand & Stone provide you with the categories of personal information we collect, the business purposes for collecting the information, the categories of businesses with whom we share that information, and the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you. To request this information, please contact us using our Online Customer Contact Form, or email us at email@example.com.
When you contact us, we will send you a formal request form for your completion and your notarized signature. Upon receipt of your signed and notarized request form, we will disclose and deliver the information to you free of charge within 45 days.
You may request that Hand & Stone delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. To request that we delete your personal information, please contact us using our Online Customer Contact Form, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you contact us, we will send you a formal request form for your completion and your notarized signature. Upon receipt of your signed and notarized request form, we will delete your personal information from our records to extent required by law, and we will direct our service providers with whom we have shared your data to do the same.
In accordance with California law, Hand & Stone will not discriminate against a consumer for exercising any of their rights under the CCPA. This includes denying goods or services to the consumer, charging different prices or rates for goods or services, or providing a different level or quality of goods and services.